Sunday 14 April 2013

Why Microcontrollers ?




Microcontroller is one of the most hated subject of any engineering student (hope DSP always ranks 1st)...


The reasons are many...
May be the lack of knowledge of the lecturer.....
Failing in creating interest among the students.....or Simply going only through the text rather than showing the wonderful application side of the same...



Personally i too hate the subject until I got a chance to work out my project in this field..........

I am not a mega-mind in this field, but of-course i believe i can help you making a small interest :-)

The first thing you want to keep in mind is

 “Embedded system is full of fun, it will be very easy if you give a lil interest “””


The world of uP  


The micro-controller is not at all a difficult branch and you need not want to swallow embedded systems text book to start a project or making a project 100% successful (from my personal experience ).

But I must tell you, you should be somewhat good in your C language and should know the very basics.

The uP which am familiar with is, Microchip's PIC16F series
they are cheap and reliable and has inbuilt protection systems...so if you make some mistakes also it can survive.

I done most of my projects in PIC16F877A which is my personal favorite (not for me but for most of them).

In India, it’s available for Rs.150…and this is a very powerful electronic device you had ever seen 
( lil exaggerated…hope you won’t mind).


I will start discussing you d basics with coming post.....em not good @ teaching....lemme try :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment